To be eligible for membership as a Cadet one must:
- be a legal resident of Canada:
NOTE: A legal resident of Canada is a Canadian citizen, a landed immigrant, or, the dependant of a person who is lawfully resident in Canada on a temporary basis for the purpose of education or employment. Exceptions can be made.
- provide proof of provincial health insurance coverage or equivalent;
- be at least 12 years of age;
- not have attained 19 years of age;
- normally be in good physical condition;
- not belong to another corps or squadron; and
- be acceptable to the Commanding Officer (CO) of the cadet corps or squadron.
Once you have decided you want to join the 102 (Barrie Silver Fox) Air Cadet Squadron, you will need to come in during a regular parade night and bring a few things with you which include
- a photocopy of the birth certificate or equivalent; and
- a photocopy of the health insurance card (where available).
The Admin staff will provide you with a few forms that will need to be completed and signed. These completed forms, along with the photocopies of your health insurance card and birth certificate start your Cadet Personnel Record. Your Cadet Personnel Record is stored safely and securely at the at the Squadron. There is no need to send forms or documentation anywhere!
If you have any questions about the enrollment process, please send us an email at email@example.com.